Rating of published resources

Rating of published resources

by Chris M -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I'm creating right now a course with many files and links as proposed resources (I have at least ten links in every topic, and ten topics right now, but that is not the end). After I had published almost everything I saw a long list of links (to files, to websites, to tasks and so on).

After that I have came to conclusion that the best way to organize these materials in best suited order I should ask participants what was helpful for them.

I wouldn't like to do a survey, or create a forum, or ask directly, because that way is not efficient in my case.

Have you maybe seen a plugin or anything like that which will give a participant a possibility to express his opinion about training materials (for every file a possiblity to rate it usefulness)? Something like 'I like it' or a hand with thumbs up will be perfect in that situation smile something very simple, without long clicking. This is a reason why I wouldn't like to use a forum for that (new topic need to be created, at least one sentence need to be written in such a case...). I suppose, that participants wouldn't like to use that either, even more than me smile

I will be appreciated for any help or suggestion how I can do such an evaluation.

I'm using moodle 2.1.

br.

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris M

Re: Rating of published resources

by Jared Chapman -

I have this same question. I am teaching a stats class and have gathered a large number of links to video resources on the internet. I would like students to rank the links so I can decide which they would prefer, making it easier for students to choose which videos to keep

In reply to Jared Chapman

by Jared Chapman -

Here is an idea I have been playing with:

Build the resurces in Drupal, include a rating plug in there.

Use LTI to pull the resource into Moodle

LTI opens up a lot of opportunities.

In reply to Chris M

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Chris M

by Elizabeth Dalton -

I just saw this while looking for information on the same idea. Have you considered using a Database activity? Those entries can be rated by learners.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Elizabeth Dalton

by Atul Kachhadiya -
  • How to Each session will be linked to general rating system (Not course, Only particular secetion of the Course)

• And also Each session will be linked to a (general comments)Memo field for feedback (oK)