General help

Accessibility: New accessibility report

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Accessibility: New accessibility report
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I just saw this on twitter: http://accessibility.oit.ncsu.edu/reports/moodle-2-1/

Looks like an excellent piece of work. I don't know if the authors have made contact with us yet, but this looks worth slicing into MDL issues that are then fixed.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Jeff Webster
Re: Accessibility: New accessibility report

I am not sure what contact the author has already had. The Moodle support group at NCState will be reviewing this report and I will make sure somone gets in touch about creating MDL issues. We plan to assign some resources to the effort.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Greg Kraus

Hi Tim,

I am the author of the report. Would it be best to link the bugs in the META: Accessibility compliance for 2.2 page?

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27843

Average of ratings: -
My mug
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersPlugin developersTesters

Hi, Tim, Jeff and Greg.

Thanks for your work on this, Greg. We certainly welcome suggestions for usability and accessability improvements. It would be a great help if you and Jeff could break the report down into individual issues that we and the community can work on.

Jeff, thanks for your offer to work on this. Please share what you come up with through the tracker and we will endeavour to integrate patches you supply.

I can't make a definite committment as yet, but hopefully the 2.3 roadmap, when it is finalised, will include accessability and usability issues; a significant attempt to make Moodle more usable.

Michael d;

Picture of Greg Kraus

Thanks. I'll be filing all of the bugs over the next few days.

Greg

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

One model you could follow is this on: MDL-20409 create a meta-issue specific to your report, and file everything as subtasks of that.