Unwanted Users In A Course

Unwanted Users In A Course

by Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 2

I have a course with 211 users in it that is supposed to only have 60. The extra users belong to another course.

Somehow, they got enrolled into this course when I did a restore from another Moodle site. In other words, they are misplaced.

Is there some bulk method to unenroll them from this course? They do belong in the school, but not in this course.

BTW, I just upgraded to the latest 2.1.2 build from 2.1.1, so that is where I got the backup file from that I used to restore to this new course.

Thanks for any ideas you may have. Unenrolling these students by hand is going to be very time consuming, so I would like to avoid it if possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Moody

Re: Unwanted Users In A Course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The difficulty is going to be how to identify these users as being the wrong ones.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Unwanted Users In A Course

by Doug Moody -

Well, in some other portions of Moodle, you can check a box next to each name, and then choose what to do with the selected users (as in the Participants list)

In other places, you can choose users from one box, add them to another box, and then choose what to do with them.

I can do that much, but only if there is a means to delete them from the course once identified. I can of course delete them manually one by one, but not in bulk. That's the problem.

Any ideas?