Internal Moodle networking problem

Internal Moodle networking problem

by sara mdht -
Number of replies: 3
i have ubuntu on my internal server for Moodle 1.7, all PCs are in windows XP and connected through a switch, there is no internet connection nor router, each PC has its static IP, all PCs can see the server which also have a static IP that we put in browsers to open this Moodle, during exams after about 30 minutes when users save or submit their answers some PCs got the messages "connection time out - takes long time to respond" and some we found it logged out the users after refreshing it comes back but all data are lost( answers) Moodle was installed to make users password expire after 1 hour is it from Ubunto network configuration, Moodle, networking our PCs? and how to get rid of this? thanks in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to sara mdht

Re: Internal Moodle networking problem

by Peter Falconer -

You can set the 'session timeout' value by going to Site Administration / Server / Session Handling. The default setting is 2 hours.

Rgrds

Peter

In reply to Peter Falconer

by sara mdht -

thanks for your reply

i did found it already 2 hours while exam was only 30 minutes, i made it anyway 4 hours, but is it sure that this is the cause of the problem as we can not take the adventure in the next exams

In reply to Peter Falconer

by sara mdht -

now i tried with an account, the problem still exist, account logged out after about 1 hour so i think it comes from password expiration feature

is there is a way to make password expiration after more than 1 hour?