Setting Course completion to reflect hours attained rather than a grade percentage

Setting Course completion to reflect hours attained rather than a grade percentage

by Arleen Janz -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

We're an organization using Moodle to track training hours as well as sometimes giving pass/fail grades for tests that must completed before the course is considered complete.

Here's an example scenario for a f2f course:

Employee enrolls in a 4 hour course, takes it, then teacher wants to indicate the student has completed the course. We can set up an activity called Class Attendance with a grade of Pass/Fail, but how do we connect that to indicate they've completed the course and then assign them a final "grade" of 4 credit hours? I suppose instead of using Pass/Fail we could use 4/0, but we'd like our report to indicate that those are credit hours and not a grade of 4. And we'd like to be able to add all those credit hours into one report per user showing their completed courses and total hours attained.

And what if we wanted to add a test to the course within Moodle that they have to complete with a 70% or higher along with the Pass grade of taking the course? How do we come up with a final grade of 4 credit hours achieved?

Is this even possible? It seems to me that it ought to be because schools use this LMS, and credit hours must be calculated for students, but I'm afraid that I've sent myself in circles trying to understand how to do this.