Enrolling in a course with different attendance dates

Enrolling in a course with different attendance dates

by Arleen Janz -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

We're using Moodle for both our eLearning needs, and our f2f needs so that our employees can enroll in any training class that we offer from one place. We'd like to be able to create one course, such as Effective Communication, that is taught 6 times a year, with attendant handouts and aids posted on the site for access after enrolling in/taking the course, but since all the classes will be the same, we don't want to have to create the course six times for enrollment.

Is there a way to create one course and have students sign up for the date that they want in that one course? It appears that Choices might be the way to go, since you can have only one choice at a time with attendant open and close dates. Does this sound feasible, or does anyone have another solution that they're using?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arleen Janz

Re: Enrolling in a course with different attendance dates

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Arleen,

your problem sounds very familiar to me and we are currently working on a solution for such scenarios. Are you already using moodle and if yes, which version of moodle are you using? 1.x or 2.x?

In reply to Flotter Totte

Re: Enrolling in a course with different attendance dates

by Arleen Janz -

We were using Moodle 1.9 in a limited capacity for presenting elearning modules created in Articulate or Captivate, but we have decided to develop our uses further and have upgraded to 2.1. We're exploring what we can make it do. We'd like it to be our one stop shopping place for all training needs, so that whether we have a f2f course, a conference or outside training experience, or an elearning course, users can enroll or be tracked in one place.

I'm not a programmer or developer, I'm an instructional designer, so the task is a bit daunting to try to figure out just exactly what we can make Moodle do.

Do you think my workaround is feasible? Is there something I'm not seeing that would give us problems?