Styling lesson headings

Styling lesson headings

James Pengelly - келді
Number of replies: 9
Hi Using Moodle 2.1, the main headings in the lesson pages (lesson title and page / topic title - the bits that appear in the navigation menu) are both styled as h2 class="main". Is there a way to apply different formatting to them or does anyone know where this content gets built so that (say) the topic title could be changed to h3 class="main"?
In reply to James Pengelly

Re: Styling lesson headings

Chris Collman - келді
Documentation writers қатысушының суреті

Hi James,

I assume you are talking about the"left menu" that can be turned on in the Lesson settings.   You know that every Theme will/can display this block different via its theme/mytheme/style/***.css files or  its parents found in theme/mytheme/config.php.   

I am not the code person and know just enough about CSS to be VERY dangerious.  (ie, it takes me a long time to do anything custom). 

I did look at mod/lesson/ renderer.php which is new in 2.0 as a standard file.   There is a bit there that says "Returns HTML to display a page to the user".    You are welcome to back track the php code from there Күлкі

I did note in the page source code  that the body had an id <body id="page-mod-lesson-view" ....>, so my CSS guess is you could write a subclass in your theme for just your lesson pages associated with that id.

It would seem to me by creating a CSS subclass in a custom theme (see Themes FAQ for some clues), you 1) would only impact the lesson module display,  and 2) you will not have to mess with the /mod/lesson code. Custom themes survive Moodle upgrades than having a list of display codes you placed in the core moodle code, IMO.

Hope this helps and someone who knows more about CSS and php can enlighten us further. 

In reply to Chris Collman

James Pengelly - келді

Thanks Chris

I've attached a screenshot to try to make it a bit clearer. Both the elements are within page-view-lesson and within that they're both in the same div so unfortunately that doesn't help.

I want the lesson title (red circle) to be formatted differently to the page title (blue circle) but as they're both h2 class=main there doesn't seem an obvious way to do this.

I can't find a pagetype for "content" and searching the files for h2 or class=main hasn't thrown anything up.

If anyone can advise where this page content gets built it'd be much appreciated.

In reply to James Pengelly

Joseph Rézeau - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті Translators қатысушының суреті

Hi James,

In the Lesson activity, page titles are only displayed for pages of the "content page" type. Page titles of the "question" pages (multiple choice, etc.) are not displayed.

Anyway, a quick and dirty solution is as follows, if you are willing to hack your moodle core files.

Edit mod/lesson/pagetypes/branchtable.php file, line 113 to replace

$output .= $renderer->heading(format_string($this->properties->title));

with

$output .= '<h3>'.format_string($this->properties->title).'</h3>';

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Tim Hunt - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Peer reviewers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті

Even better to replace it with $output .= $renderer->heading(format_string($this->properties->title), 3);

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Sebastien M. - келді
Hi Joseph,

Is there a way to display page titles for question pages? IT would be great if it could be inserted into the empty legend tag that is already rendered.

Regards,

Seb

(FYI: using Moodle branch 2.3.2)