moodle for no-profit organization is all for free?

Re: moodle for no-profit organization is all for free?

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You are getting some good feedback about your needs.

I am a professor who is running Moodle on my own.  I started by installing Moodle on a hosted server (costing under $100US per year) and now run it on a virtual dedicated server (costing around $400US per year.)  I typically have 4 or 5 courses running at any one time, and around 50-100 students at any one time.  I like to save data, so it was the size of my mySQL database that caused me to move to a virtual dedicated server.  So I might be using Moodle in a similar environment as yours.  I learned Moodle on my own, and have been extremely pleased with it.  My University uses Blackboard.  I think Moodle is much better, so I continue to use Moodle on my own, even though it takes some time to learn.

My moodle site is at www.rjerz.com/moodle.  It does not allow guest access, but if you want to take a look at it, let me know and I can let you see some of my courses.

What I find interesting is the many ways in which people are using Moodle.  I have found one way that works for me, but it is not the only way.  If you start looking around (especially on Moodle.org), I think that you can find numerous example.