General add-ons

Picture of Corey Brett
Timeclock

Does anyone use Moodle as a timeclock?

I am looking for a way to implement a software based time-clock system for my student employees, and it seems to me that a Moodle module would work quite well.

My students already have controlled/secure access to Moodle, so if there were a module that they could use to punch in and out with, that would be a simple solution.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Corey Brett
Re: Timeclock

bump

Picture of David Fountain

Have you looked at the reports/logs that show student activity?

Picture of Itamar Tzadok
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Something similar to the database module may be used to achieve the desired effect. Either one entry in and one entry out, or one entry for in and out. But the standard module is far from adequate and some further development would be required, e.g. limit number of entries per day, and lock enty after punching out. smile

Matt Daugherty

Have you found a solution yet?

Picture of Corey Brett

No

Picture of Paula Johnson

I actually use it for this purpose! I created a Moodle account called Time Clock having a dedicated email account for this purpose. Students send this account a simple "in" message upon clocking in and an "out" message to clock out. It sends these entries to my dedicated email account where I have an assistant pull the time stamped "in" and "out" to an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the time.

If you want a copy of the spreadsheet, simply email me at pjohnson@pvusd.us. My Moodle site is located at http:/rcoe.pvusd-bly.org.

Hope this helps!

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Michael Stein

I think it is better to implement a dedicated employee time tracking system. Now there are many affordable automated time tracking devices available in the market.

Picture of james inbam

compare to meally time clock it reduce the time