a couple of zipped modules don't unzip

a couple of zipped modules don't unzip

by Jocelyn Chappell -
Number of replies: 2

Hi guys, just like to heap unreserved praise on quality of the product and especially the sure-fire installation routines for 1.4.2 before Christmas and upgrade to 1.4.3+ this half term.

Only one small hiccup, in the modules department I have dowloaded book.zip and also dialogue.zip and I can get neither windows util, nor linux utils nor even the great and marvellous moodle to unpackage the goods. I am told instead about a corrupted zip file. (Obviously) I chose 1.4.3 and 1.4.x as the module versions. Is there a problem I am not aware of please...?  Or has there been a glitch in my downloading...?

Seriously I am very impressed with moodle - I can't wait for 1.5 - and the rest.

Joc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jocelyn Chappell

Re: a couple of zipped modules don't unzip

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think there may have be a problem in the downloading ... I just tried and they unpacked fine for me.
In reply to Jocelyn Chappell

Re: a couple of zipped modules don't unzip

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Try downloading the .tar.gz version instead. I have had a some intermittent problems downloading .zip files (in general, not just Moodle) for some reason. .tar.gz seems more reliable and most zip programmes support it.