server return blank answers in the test after click on the "Send & End" button

server return blank answers in the test after click on the "Send & End" button

by Руслан Абдрахманов -
Number of replies: 4

Test with time limit on 45 min. Test consider only "many answers" questions. 50 questions per test (quiz).
User sart test (timer = 45 min). Give answer for all 50 questions (timer > 0, about 1..10 min). User press "send & end" in bottom of the test page. Then server return this test with reset answers (all answers is blank as the start time) timer continous to tick...
How i can debug this? Maybe it is famous problem?
I have moodle v.1.9.9+, Linux debian 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP i686, 4GB RAM, Apache.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Руслан Абдрахманов

Re: server return blank answers in the test after click on the "Send & End" button

by Руслан Абдрахманов -

I have project in runtime now. I modificate many files in my moodle for change it theme, pages makeup. And i have some courses imported from another 1.9 moodle. I create my courses. I'm afraid, that it doesn't run on moodle upper version. I want create test server on which i can try to upgrade my moodle.

my session timeout is 1440 sec by php, if it doesn't changed by moodle. Authentication method is external DB, but i make single-sign-on with our web portal? about 75% users don't have it problem.

In reply to Руслан Абдрахманов

Re: server return blank answers in the test after click on the "Send & End" button

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

1440 sec == 24 minunts == too short for a 45 minute test.

Here is what is happening:

1. Student arrives at mod/quiz/attempt.php
  2. Student spends more than 24 minutes entering responses, without causing any other page loads. This means that their session times out.
  3. Student clicks Submit all and finish.
  4. Moodle detects that the student is no longer logged in, so redirects them to the login page. This is where their submitted data gets lost.
  5. Your single-sign-on system atomatically logs them in, and redirects them back to the page they came from.

You need to increase your session time-out.