Deleting a user's scores

Deleting a user's scores

by Louise H -
Number of replies: 5

2.1.2+

I've searched the forums and docs but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

How do you clear a user's scores for resources/activities? I know I can update scores for a user in the grader report, but this doesn't seem to clear their past scores and attempts.

Can you clear a user's records for an activity?

In reply to Louise H

Re: Deleting a user's scores

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

There are several options:

1. Reset course with Gradebook Reset options and/or Activity Reset options

2. Backup with grade history excluded and restore (not exactly for a particular activity)

3. Hide grade items in report (not exactly clearing user's records)

In reply to Adi Tedjasaputra

by Louise H -

Hi Adi,

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I don't think any of those options clear an individual's scores without affecting the ongoing course.

I'm looking to just reset an individual student's record of attempts/scores to return them to a clean slate.

In reply to Louise H

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Louise

Can you provide more information for us?  

Eg. is this one student's attempts in a Quiz activity?  If so you can view the attempts screen for the quiz, select that student's attempts and delete them.  You can then repeat this process for other quizzes in the course.  You can do the same for a Lesson attempt.  Assignment would also require individual attention with you altering that student's grade back to 'No grade'.

You cannot however remove one individual student's activity viewing resources (you can only reset the course as Adi suggests above).

Cheers
Teresa 

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Louise H -

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for the info re. deleting activity attempts. It is mostly SCORM activities that we might need this for. This does work, however some of our courses are going to have 200+ students when we go live (we're still in the testing stage at the moment)...once they all start accessing the activities, how easy it is to find the particular student whose attempts you wish to delete? From what I can see there's no search or user-filter facility...? Hence why I was wondering if you can search for a user on the system and access/edit their results and attempts via their profile/grades.

In reply to Louise H

Re: Deleting a user's scores from SCORM

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Louise

The only way I can think to find one student's attempts over multiple SCORM activities and/or courses would be a database query to find the activities then manually remove his/her result.  

You could also test removing the student from a course then adding them again - in previous Moodle versions the user's grades would appear back into the course but in 2.x their grades are moved to the history table so do not appear as current grades.   I think there are a few who disagree with this and want the old behaviour back so be careful as this solution may not be permanent...

Good luck smile
Teresa