Attachments, force download

Attachments, force download

by Jori Mäntysalo -
Number of replies: 1

There is a workshop where stundents must submit (big) .jpg files. How to force download, not show pictures in browser?

Tried to look from Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > File with no help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jori Mäntysalo

Re: Attachments, force download

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am afraid that is not supported at the moment. The only workaround coming to my mind is to ask students to submit the JPEG archived in a ZIP file. I know, it has no sense from the any perspective (compression etc) and is just an extra workload for both students and reviewers...

It might be solvable via a new setting "Automatically embed attached images". At the moment, Workshop automatically embeds them (like Forum does). If you think it might be useful for others too, please report it as a new feature request.

The alternative solution (which I would actually prefer) is a general in-core (ie not Workshop specific) feature that big images would be automatically scaled to a preview-sized version like eg MediaWiki does. Such a feature might be useful for other places dealing with images (Forum, Assignment). Chances are it is already reported.