Moodle 2.0 Feedback Form Depends Question

Moodle 2.0 Feedback Form Depends Question

by Susan Lawlor -
Number of replies: 5

I am brand new to Moodle, working in a sandbox for Moodle 2.0. I have created a Feedback form for course evaluation. At one point is the question:

(8)Did you have more than one instructor for this course?

a "Yes" answer takes the user past a page break to a list of questions about the second instructor, the first of which depends on (8) having a value of "Yes"  and ends with "Submit"

My problem is that if they answer "No" I want them to the see the "Submit" button but can't seem to get it.

I am strictly a user, not a programmer. I think I'm just mixing up a step. Can you help please?

Susan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Lawlor

Re: Moodle 2.0 Feedback Form Depends Question

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Susan,

I do not fully understand your problem. Can you describe it more detailed.

Andreas

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Susan Lawlor -

Hi Andreas,

Thank you. I will try.

Actually, I did solve some of the problem. Here is what the problem is now:

I have a feedback activity being used for course evaluations. After some questions, I have one (question #8) which asks: Did you have a second teacher? the choices for an answer are "Yes" or "No".

If "Yes" is chosen, the user is taken to another series of questions that depend on question #8 having been answered "Yes". When the user finishes answering those questions, they are able to click "Submit" and all is fine.

If the user answered "No" to question #8, they are taken to an information questions that states they are finished and they can click "Submit". The problem is here: when they click "Submit" the form says they have not answered all required questions.

Do you know what is causing this?

I hope I have given you enough information.

Thank you,

Susan

In reply to Susan Lawlor

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Susen,

maybe the questions depending on the Yes-answer are mandatory.

Andreas
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Susan Lawlor -

Hi Andreas,

I'll bet you are correct. I'll try making them not mandatory.

Thanks!

Susan

by Susan Lawlor -

Thanks Andreas,

That was the problem and now it works great!

Susan