Automated backup problems

Automated backup problems

by Adam Sanasac -
Number of replies: 4

I'm maintaining two servers, both are experiencing this same issue. Both are running Fedora 15. One has the database on the same machine, the other has a separate MySQL server (MySQL server is running CentOS 6 - long story for the differing OSes). Both are running Moodle 2.1.2+.

I have automated backups configured to save into a specified folder at 2am. I can see all of the .mbz files in that folder from each night, and the backup report in Moodle says everything backed up OK.

The problem is that when I go into a course and try to do a restore, there aren't any restores to choose from. All three sections are blank as if no backups had been at all.

Cron has been running fine. I just reconfigured it to run the CLI version instead of going through the web, but I'm not exactly holding out hope that that will solve the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Sanasac

Re: Automated backup problems

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

Hi Adam,

I think the moodle restore functionality only shows backups stored in the standard moodle backup locations, for moodle 2 these are stored in files that have names like "a103179059f0d56a3aafe9e574e850dbdcc635d6".

I guess you will need to remove the entry for the specified backup folder from you backup settings.

Cheers,

Bas

In reply to Adam Sanasac

Re: Automated backup problems

by Stuart Mealor -

Yes Bas is correct.

If you leave the default path for backups they will show up.

If you are saving backups elsewhere (for security reasons, or maybe disk space reasons) they will not show up automatically.