html editor: server files & permissions

html editor: server files & permissions

jobe jobe發表於
Number of replies: 8
I have four Moodle installations on a server & in each the html editor doesn't show & the text when editing appears with the html tags.

The html editor is 'allowed' in the config. & the user sections. No probs with the config.php files. I have also installed a new Moodle & the same problem appears so I can only conclude that it is a server problem.

My hosing co. is looking into it but not having much luck.

I was wondering where the different components of the html editor can be found in the server files & what the premissions should be. Maybe the premissions have been automatically changed.

On a different server Moodle is running fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

評比平均分數: -
In reply to jobe jobe

Re: html editor: server files & permissions

Janne Mikkonen發表於
The editor files can be found at /yourmoodlenstalldir/lib/editor

Although editor is javascript based it main code is in htmlarea.php and it should have same rights that any other php script on your server (which depends what kind of server + php setup you have).

You could also check that your firewall isn't blocking scripts from that server (if you're using firewall).
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

jobe jobe發表於
Thanks Janne. I checked out the files & all seems fine.

The problem is cross-browser & computer. It's a linux server & all was running fine last week on all installs - something happened & nobody seems to know what could have changed things.
In reply to jobe jobe

Janne Mikkonen發表於
Well this sounds weird? What have been changed on server side since last week? Do you use same theme on every installation (some have problems)? Do you get any javascript error messages what could give any information what's going on?

jobe jobe發表於
Exactly.
I get the 'HTMLArea is not defined' Javascript error.

Different themes have been tried as well.
In reply to jobe jobe

Janne Mikkonen發表於
Does this happen with both browsers, IE and Mozilla? Could it be possible to me to take a look at your site? If it is send me e-mail privately.

jobe jobe發表於
Yes, it happens with both browsers. 
In reply to jobe jobe

Steve Jones發表於

Hi Jobe,

Have you checked your config.php file to see whether there are any extra lines of 'whitespace' added to the end of your script?

If there are, just delete them and see if this fixes your problem.

Apologies if you've already tried this without success...

Jonesy1

In reply to Steve Jones

jobe jobe發表於
I have tried that thanks.

The problem has been resolved now. Apparently the admins installed 'a security patch that secures the Apache request with /lib'.

Thanks again all.