IMS data mapping

IMS data mapping

by chandrika harathi -
Number of replies: 2

I am planning IMS file and wanted to see if there is any data mapping document on which element goes where in Moodle. I am working with IMS groups and after uploading a simple file, I am checking tables. Is there a better way ?  Looks like I am missing good data. EG the <org> captures the categories and looks like I need  dummy courses to build categories. We use these extensively - nested categories and newer ones are created every academic semester.

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to chandrika harathi

Re: IMS data mapping

by Erik Ordway -

So I recently spent time in the code that imports the IMS file converting it to use simplexml and not regex's.  I am pretty sure that it will not handle creating nested <org><orgunit><orgunit><org> 's.  It will only create the one containing the <group /> .  It will only create the categories at the top level.  This person does have some code to do what you want.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=174176

In reply to Erik Ordway

Re: IMS data mapping

by chandrika harathi -

Thanks Erik,

So I was not doing anything wrong. I was trying to create nested categories and it did not work. I cound not create nested >org>, that was the goal.  Appreciate the link and will get in-touch with Longfei Yu.

-Chandrika