Databases: Upgrade = database question

Databases: Upgrade = database question

by Brian Dichter -
Number of replies: 1
Hi there. I originally posted in another Moodle forum about an upgrade problem, going from 1.3.something to 1.4.3. I also installed a fresh copy on a separate test server. After some time comparing the old database with the fresh install I finally realized that the upgraded database was missing some columns in some of the tables but more importantly some data was not converted properly.

More specifically, the resource "type" was an integer value but with the upgrade, is supposed to be a variable string. During the upgrade, this data was not changed so Moodle could not display the resources.

This line defines the 1.4.3 type column:

type varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', (This is a variable-length string).

Our previous version was defined like this:

type tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', (This is a 1 byte integer).

So, here's my question: does anyone know what values Moodle is designed to write for various resources? Does anyone know what the translation should be from the various integer values to the string values?

I could always change the values to "" and this will work but if there is a preferred value for each type, I'd like to change the data appropriately.

Also, does anyone have a current database model available for posting? That would be really helpful in checking the other tables.

Thanks for your help!!!
Average of ratings: -