Contiuous Concurrent Design

Contiuous Concurrent Design

by Sivasailam Thiagarajan -
Number of replies: 1

For more than 12 years, I have been designing training courses (both online and nonline) using an approach that I call continuous concurrent design.

The basic idea behind this approach is "to build an airplane while flying it". I begin with the first unit of instrcution (or module or lesson). Based on participant inputs from this unit, I create the second unit, and so on. So the course is developed one week at a time on the basis of "just-in-time" real world inputs from participants.

For a short article on an ancient application of this approach, please check out this website page: http://www.thiagi.com/ZeroBudgetE-Learning.html .

I'd like to find out (1) whether this approach makes sense, (2) the potential advantages and limitations of this approach, and (3) how we can use Moodle to implement the approach.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sivasailam Thiagarajan

Re: Contiuous Concurrent Design

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is exactly how I teach with Moodle. It's a very effective method for online classes, as it allows the course to adapt according to the participants and their needs and interests to promote a more powerful transformative learning experience.

The weekly course format is the one for you. smile

If you prefer to hide upcoming weeks while you are planning them, you can do that, but personally I like to keep everything visible.

Welcome to Moodle!