UBhotspot new question type

UBhotspot new question type

by Yolanda Ordóñez Rufat -
Number of replies: 2

The “Universitat de Barcelona” (University of Barcelona) through its “Programa de Mejora e Innovación Docente” (Programme of Educational Improvement and Innovation) offers the community a new question type for Moodle called UBhotspot. This new type of question allows the teacher to create multiple areas or spots within an image for self-evaluation.

The project, which is still in beta, has been developed for Moodle version 1.9 and it can be downloaded from the repository:
https://github.com/EquipTecnicCampus/moodle-qtype_ubhotspots
To install the plugin unzip it to the /question/type directory in your Moodle folder, login to Moodle as Administrator and click Notifications under Site Administration.

The project is being currently tested by a team of teachers and students of the University of Barcelona. At this stage we are solving all the bugs that the testers find.

As I already said we are still in beta and any bug report or comment will be very appreciated. 

Yolanda Ordóñez,

Equip Tècnic del Campus Virtual Universitat de Barcelona

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yolanda Ordóñez Rufat

Re: UBhotspot new question type

by Yolanda Ordóñez Rufat -
The direct link to the installation file is: https://github.com/EquipTecnicCampus/moodle-qtype_ubhotspots/zipball/MOODLE_19_STABLE Don't forget to rename the file to ubhotspots for the installation to work. The unzipped code for the new plugin should be in a directory named /question/type/ubhotspots before clicking Notifications.
In reply to Yolanda Ordóñez Rufat

Re: UBhotspot new question type

by Abel Cheng -

Nothing happened after clicking on "Notification"; I should expect Moodle to create tables as usual similar to other plugins? The file is renamed to ubhotspots; and it is in the right file path. I can see the question type listed in the quiz question choices; however, it does not let you continue to save the question. Could you check it out? The interface for creating the hotspots is pretty cool! it's a fun way to do boring old quizzes.  Thx.