Questionnaire Modlule in Moodle 2 - Change Theme

Questionnaire Modlule in Moodle 2 - Change Theme

by Forrest Gaston -
Number of replies: 4

I was wondering if they are going to port the different themes from the questionaire module for Moodle 1.9 to the 2.0 version, or if that is something I can do?

Thanks again,
Forrest Gaston

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Forrest Gaston

Re: Questionnaire Modlule in Moodle 2 - Change Theme

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Forrest,

No, there are no themes in the Moodle 2 version of Questionnaire. If you want to change the Questionnaire look, you'll have to hack the mod/questionnaire/styles.css file yourself. Please note, however, that in Moodle 2 the Questionnaire look has been made as unobtrusive as possible, and should comply nicely with the look of whatever Moodle theme you adopt for your moodle site or course.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Carlos Sánchez Martín -

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for the information. I wonder if there is a reason for not having the themes in Moodle 2+ versions... just curious! 

Carlos

In reply to Carlos Sánchez Martín

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Carlos,

There are several reasons. And maybe my Questionnaire co-maintainer Mike will add a few more.

• Some parts of the Questionnaire's themes seemed to conflict with the general Moodle theme's CSS rules.
  • In Moodle 2, the themes have been completely re-written, and it was too complicated for the Questionnaire's own themes to keep up with all those changes.
  • Although blocks and plugins may have their own CSS stylesheets, I don't think any 3rd-party plugins have full-blown themes of their own, at least not in Moodle 2.

Please note that Questionnaire for Moodle 2 does have its own styles.css stylesheet, which you can customize on your moodle site as you like - if you have admin rights, of course.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Carlos Sánchez Martín -

Thank you Joseph,

Those are all good reasons for not having themes... on the other hand, I did edit the styles.css, as you noted, but I added the changes to my theme "core" CSS, in case you guys release any upgrades, I don't have to worry about it!

Thank you again for this plugin!

Carlos