File System Access Control

File System Access Control

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 0

I have all users bound to domain.com and I have M2 bound to domain.com with domain user 'moodle' and am using domain.com for authentication into M2

I have mounted a domain share with smbfs on the Moodle server and added a symbolic link to the repository folder in the moodledata folder, so now when a user clicks on repositories they see my "SMB" share that I have enabled on a site-wide instance.

The problem is this: the file-system repository is using the credentials of the user that mounted the share for all folder access privledges.  We have configured with group policy a lot of shares with custom permissions that we need the fiile-system repository to pass the current user's credentials to use, otherwise nobody can access any files because the moodle user only has privledges to the top level folder for mounting purposes.

I guess my real dillema is: is there any external repository available that can use the credentials of the current moodle user to enable access to just their files in Moodle?

Average of ratings: -