Lesson/Matching Questions - unable to change max number of answers in existing lesson

Lesson/Matching Questions - unable to change max number of answers in existing lesson

by Jacqui Riding -
Number of replies: 3

I've created a Lesson with the Moodle 2 system defaults.  I've found when adding the matching question the maximum answers were set to 4 but now find I need to change this to a higher number. I've changed the settings to now reflect a maximum of 10. If I add a new lesson these changes take effect but the existing lesson does not change.  Is there any way to change the maximum answers in my existing lesson without having to recreate the whole thing again?

Thanks for your time.

Jac smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacqui Riding

Re: Lesson/Matching Questions - unable to change max number of answers in existing lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle ? 1.9.x or 2.x?

In reply to Jacqui Riding

Re: Lesson/Matching Questions - unable to change max number of answers in existing lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi jacqui,

Please ignore my previous message, I had not noticed you said you were using moodle 2.

I'm afraid when you are mixing up 2 different places where Lesson settings can be changed.

You can change the default settings for your whole moodle site in Home ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Activity modules ► Lesson. Any change there will take effect for all new lessons you create.

If you simply want to change the number of maximum answers for one Lesson (already created), you have to go to that Lesson's Navigation block, click Edit Settings, and, in the General box / Maximum number of answers change the value there.

I hope this is clear,

Joseph

Attachment 17-10-2011 10-09-16.jpg
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jacqui Riding -

Thanks Joseph. At least I'm learning as I go and will definitely remember this option.  I'm in the process of moving our files from 1.9 to 2 so things have been a bit hard to find.  I do have a problem with the matching questions and the way they are displayed within my lesson and was wondering if you know a workaround?  The questions are all scrunched up and don't make use of the whole page - see image attached.

matching questions within lesson