missing enrolement plugin - Course Meta link

missing enrolement plugin - Course Meta link

by Katherine Davison -
Number of replies: 7

I have been looking across the internet as well as this forum but can't find a solution, hope someone out there can help.

I am trying to create a few meta courses and have been following instructions on http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Metacourses I am using version 1.9.

I need to activate the enrolement plugin for course meta link but it is not there.

This is all that is there.  How can I find the plugin to install it?

thanks so much

Katherine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Katherine Davison

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: missing enrolement plugin - Course Meta link

by Katherine Davison -

I was following this:

Example Procedure for Experimenting with Metacourses

In this example, there are 2 sections of students in the "Parent" course: "Section 001" and "Section 002". Students are enrolled in the section courses.

1. Turn Metacourses on by going to Site administration -> Plugins -> Enrolments -> Manage enrol plugins and enabled Course meta link.
  2. Created the following coures:
    1. Parent
    2. Section 001
    3. Section 002
  3. Enroll users into Section 001 and Section 002. Leave Parent enrollment empty.
  4. Go to Parent course. Go to Settings -> Course admin -> Users -> Enrolment methods. On that screen, add method "Course Meta link" and choose Section 001. Repeat steps for Section 002. If you look at participants for the parent course, you will see the users from Section 001 and 002.
  5. If you log-in as a student from section 001, you will see section 001 and parent in your course listings. If you want only students to see the parent course, then go to:
    1. Site Administration -> Courses -> Add/edit courses. Choose the category for the section 001 course. Find the course section 001. Click the eye icon to hide the course.
    2. OR search for the course from the home page logged in as site admin. Click the eye icon to hide the appropriate courses.
  6. Repeat above for section 002. If you log in as a student, you can't see/search for section 001. However, an admin can still see/search for these now hidden child courses. The will be grayed out to indicate that they are hidden.

You can see that it says there should be an enrolment plugin, which I do not have.

by Erik Ordway -
In reply to Erik Ordway

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry about that - I have moved it as it was confusing in the 1.9 docs

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Katherine Davison -

So what are the instructions for 1.9?

I have changed meta to yes in the parent course, and assigned the child course.  When I enrol someone into the child course I cannot see the data from the parent.

There is no option to change enrolment type.  I think I am missing something.

I have also tried to reverse all settings but still nothing.

thanks

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. What do you mean by "when I enrol someone into the child course I can't see the data from the parent"? What are you expecting to see?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Katherine Davison -

I was expecting to see the lessons from the parent course, I am using it to sell courses at different rates. So when someone purchases a course they should all see the same lessons.