Repository access questions...

Repository access questions...

by Brian LaMaster -
Number of replies: 0

First of all, I am using Moodle 2.0.3

Alright… I am SO confused. I’ve read documentation until I can’t stand it, and maybe I’m just missing something…

1. I am trying to prevent students from seeing the files that the admin has uploaded. I don’t want them to be able to see the repository in the file picker, yet I haven’t successfully done so. I’ve been under Define user roles and went to advanced and checked PROHIBIT and when I logon under a userid I can still see the repository and select files to “upload”. How do I correct this? I don’t want them putting files just anywhere. I certainly don’t want students to be able to select any files or delete them from the admin repository. How to I restrict access?

a. What is the difference between file system and server files?

2. I need to create repositories that are based upon each course and for students to be able to upload files to the selected course only. And, I only want them to be able to delete their own uploads. Is this possible in Moodle 2.0.3?

3. Lastly, I have advanced uploading of files enabled under the courses. Yet I don’t want students to be able to create folders, only upload files to the respective repository and stated in #2 above.

Thanks!

Brian

Average of ratings: -