How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by John Rop -
Number of replies: 5

Hi to everyone,

There is something very important to me that I have to know if possible.

I need to know if I can create a Grade Report that I can export to Exel.

I need to know if I can change what the report makes.

For example I want the report to be like this:

I want to catagorise them by "standards"

Lets say I am building a report in exel that makes all the students that are 20 years old. - they get an "X" grade and the exel takes the grade and times it by 4.

all the students that are 25 years old - it takes the grade and times it by 3.

And so on, is that possible?

I can create an Exel page that caculates it. How can I make moodle talk to the exel and export the report I made?

Thank you very much, it might be not so clear what I wrote I'd be gald to try to explain.

Really need help on this guys, thanks.

In reply to John Rop

Re: How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by Bob Puffer -

Do you know PHP?  If not, you'd need to hire someone, suggest a Moodle partner.  If so, copying an existing export report (grade/export/*.php) is relatively easy but you'd need to become familiar with the Moodle database schema (table/ field layout) in order to accomplish your goal.

In reply to John Rop

Re: How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why do you want to use Excel here? You can do it all in Moodle. Add some custom grade-items, some to hold the raw data, and others that do calculations based on that data.

Docs at http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Grades

In reply to Tim Hunt

תשובה ל: Re: How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by John Rop -

Cool! didn't know I can do some of this stuff on the moodle site.

I wanted it to be in exel cause I want it to be with statistics and with graphs, is it possible? 

In reply to John Rop

Re: תשובה ל: Re: How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Does the gradebook export in Excel format? Some parts of Moodle do. If not, Excel is very happy opening CSV files, so just do the CSV export from the gradebook.

In reply to Tim Hunt

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: How can I create my own type of Grades Report?

by John Rop -

Hi Tim!

thank you for helping, I didn't quite understand what your saying?

I need a report that shows the grades of the class that took the quiz for example, to be standard and statistics as in devide by avarage. 

for example - all the students that got the grade 80 out of 100 their grade equals = 2. and the avarage is 1.5 for example.

any help?