No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

Julian Whitehead發表於
Number of replies: 4
This might have been a problem that has come up, I have searched (admittedly not for hours), if I leave a message in a discussion topic, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I press 'Enter', when I view the text, there is no space between paragraphs.
You can see the problem there, the editor sticks in the <div></div> tag, but is seems to make no difference. The only way I can get paragraphs to form is by entering HTML mode and sticking a <p> between the </div><div> tag like this.

Now it works.

Any ideas guys. It doesn't seem to matter what browser I use, or what machine I use (laptop desktop or school machines) I always get lack of space between paragraphs.

My normal browser is Avant Browser 10.0 build 126 (based on IE but more secure), I occasionally use Firefox and Mozilla (latest release versions, not the overnight builds). My machines have up to date XP Pro or Home depending on whether its a work machine or home.

I know its a really pathetic problem, its just a little frustrating.

Cheers
Joolssad
評比平均分數: -
In reply to Julian Whitehead

Re: No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

W Page發表於
Hi Julian!

This is caused by the Avant browser.  It will not create spaces between paragraphs despite what the HTML editor window reflects before saving a post. 

I really liked that browser but frequent crashes and little things like what you posted about made me limit my use of it.

WP1
In reply to W Page

Julian Whitehead發表於
Okay so this is being written in Firefox...

In the past its done the same thing.

Lets see if it does?

Cheers

Julian Whitehead發表於
Okay so its Avant browser - bugger.

So now I've got to crack the copy and paste thing in Firefox and Mozilla....

Thanks - might drop the guys a Avant a line.

So is the problem with how Avant is interpreting the <div> tag?

W Page發表於
Hi Julian!

I do not know.  I just had to go into text mode and place <br> tags way too many times.

WP1
評比平均分數:Useful (1)