No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

Julian Whitehead-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 4
This might have been a problem that has come up, I have searched (admittedly not for hours), if I leave a message in a discussion topic, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I press 'Enter', when I view the text, there is no space between paragraphs.
You can see the problem there, the editor sticks in the <div></div> tag, but is seems to make no difference. The only way I can get paragraphs to form is by entering HTML mode and sticking a <p> between the </div><div> tag like this.

Now it works.

Any ideas guys. It doesn't seem to matter what browser I use, or what machine I use (laptop desktop or school machines) I always get lack of space between paragraphs.

My normal browser is Avant Browser 10.0 build 126 (based on IE but more secure), I occasionally use Firefox and Mozilla (latest release versions, not the overnight builds). My machines have up to date XP Pro or Home depending on whether its a work machine or home.

I know its a really pathetic problem, its just a little frustrating.

Cheers
Joolssad
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Julian Whitehead

Re: No space between paragraphs in HTML editor.

W Page-mit -
Hi Julian!

This is caused by the Avant browser.  It will not create spaces between paragraphs despite what the HTML editor window reflects before saving a post. 

I really liked that browser but frequent crashes and little things like what you posted about made me limit my use of it.

WP1
I svar til W Page

Julian Whitehead-mit -
Okay so this is being written in Firefox...

In the past its done the same thing.

Lets see if it does?

Cheers

Julian Whitehead-mit -
Okay so its Avant browser - bugger.

So now I've got to crack the copy and paste thing in Firefox and Mozilla....

Thanks - might drop the guys a Avant a line.

So is the problem with how Avant is interpreting the <div> tag?

W Page-mit -
Hi Julian!

I do not know.  I just had to go into text mode and place <br> tags way too many times.

WP1