Teachers can't see User Report

Teachers can't see User Report

by Fernando Oliveira -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

This seems like it should be pretty simple but I can't get the "User Report" link to show up for teachers. Tried various setting in the role capabilities and site-level gradebook config but no luck.  This site is using Moodle 1.9.11.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

screenshot

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

Re: Teachers can't see User Report

by Bob Puffer -

Is this installation entirely CLAMP LAE or do you just have the LAE Grader report?  If the latter, where and when did you pull did you get the laegrader report code?  I'm assuming we're looking at what the admin sees... can you show us what the teacher sees?  You'll note in the diagram I've included that the capabilities for editingteacher include two instances of "View your own grade report" (one for user and one for laeuser).  If you installed the laeuser report and removed it this capabilities may still be interfering with your teachers' ability to access the regular user report.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Fernando Oliveira -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Bob,

The screenshot was actually from the wrong site. Sorry about that. The Moodle site in question doesn't have the LAE Grader report, though I can't be certain if it did at some point.There's no mention of it on the capabilities list. I will check the database later tonight when I get back to my regular machine.

The admin view can be seen here.

The teacher view can be seen here.

Thanks,

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Bob Puffer -
  1. Note the use of groups -- is the teacher in a specific group that would preclude them from seeing all of the user reports?
  2. Students see their own user report?
  3. Just for yucks check the entire moodleroot tree for "$CFG->grade_profilereport" and see if its set anywhere.
  4. Also check the tree for the word "laeuser".