I don't like to see you mad I would like to help you understand better about the "deadlines". Then I don't think you will be so mad.
I think you understand that a QuizPort activity contains one or more quizzes. Each of the quizzes can have a "deadline", and also the QuizPort activity itself can have a "deadline".
When the QuizPort software is deciding what to display to the student, it first checks the QuizPort activity "deadlines". If the QuizPort activity is not available, either because the open "deadline" has not yet arrived, or because the close "deadline" has already passed, the student will see a message saying:
- Sorry, this activity is not currently available to you.
If the QuizPort activity is available to the student, then the QuizPort software will try to find a available quiz within the QuizPort activity. It will check the start and close "deadlines" for each quiz and try to find one that is available. If no quiz is available, the following message will appear:
- Sorry, this quiz is not currently available to you.
Notice that the messages are slightly different. The first one is talking about "this activity", and the second one talks about "this quiz". Therefore by looking at the message you know whether is is caused by "deadlines" on the QuizPort activity, or on one of the quizzes within the QuizPort activity.
OK, so how do we change deadlines?
To change a "deadline" on a QuizPort activity, you log into Moodle as a teacher or admin and do one of the following:
- EITHER: switch the course page into edit mode, and click on the edit icon next to the QuizPort activity whose "deadlines" you want to change
- OR: click on the course page link to start the QuizPort activity, then click on the "Update this QuizPort" button in the top right of your screen
To change a "deadline" on a QuizPort quiz, you log into Moodle as a teacher or admin and do the following:
- click on the course page link to start the QuizPort activity, the click on the "Edit quizzes" tab. Locate the quiz whose "deadlines" you wish to change and click on the edit icon in the "Edit" column (2nd from the left)
It is important to be clear about the difference between the QuizPort activity settings page (also called the QuizPort unit settings page), and a QuizPort quiz settings page. If you understand this difference, I hope that fewer unexpected things will happen in your Moodle course and you will not get so mad