File system upload limit - M 2.0.4

File system upload limit - M 2.0.4

by Guillermo Madero -
Number of replies: 3

So far I have sucessfully used the file system repository to restore backups that exceed the PHP allowed upload size, however now I'm unfortunately finding that this doesn't work for individual course contents, as the "file size limit exceeded" message is being displayed!

The problem is that I have a course already in operation, though it had some empty sections. The developers have just handed me the corresponding contents as zip files to be set as a file resource, but after uploading them to the moodledata repository folder via FTP, now the file picker doesn't allow me to add them.

¿Isn't the file system repository supposed to let one add files bigger than the PHP allowed size (as files wouldn't be actually uploaded by Moodle because they are already in the server)?

¿Am I assuming something incorrect or is it a Moodle 2.0.4 bug? ¿Any other solutions?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guillermo Madero

Re: File system upload limit - M 2.0.4

by David Bogner -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

HI,

in fact I have the same problem. The file is already on the server, no upload needed and I cannot even insert a download-link to the file. So ftp repository is quite useless. How to embed larger files than in php.ini allowed? I thought repositories are the solution. That worked even in 1.9 to upload larger files via ftp.

Regards,

David

by Guillermo Madero -

Please vote for the related tracker:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27156

by Francois Evans -

I have the same problem. I've a large file which students need to be able to download. It's 36MB. I have FTPd it, and made a link to the file using Repositories to make the FTP'd items folder visible in the File Picker, but then the system blocks me from setting up a link to that file - message saying file is too big pops up.

Gah! angry

François.