hide login module

hide login module

by Peter Wang -
Number of replies: 4

Currently I am using Dark Blue 2.0 for Moodle 2.1.1+ version. Two questions:

1)  How can I hide the login module or login block on the frontpage?  When myself need to login, I will type: http//mymoodlesite.com/login/index.php. This semester I just use Moodle as a pure website without wanting anyone to log into the site except myself.

2) Dark Blue 2.0 seems to be slower than other 2.0.x themes. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Wang

Re: hide login module

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Peter,

To hide the Login easily, you will need to add the following to the core.css for this theme.

.jcontrolsright,
.johndocsleft .logininfo { display: none;}

This will hide both the header and footer login links.

As for the speed: I have checked this theme and there does not apear to be any reason it should be slower than any other theme.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John St -

I don't see any speed issues. I don't know what 35kb has to do with anything but the theme's images (that are in use) are roughly 10KB... It does use a css3 gradient for the background, so maybe that is what the issue is for your particular browser.

As for the login block, just turn on editing and click the eye to hide or the x to remove it.

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John,

I had edited that bit of my original comment  about the 35kb, as in your case this did not apply. Some themes do have larger than average background images which can take time to load depending on your mode of internet service. Here in the UK in some areas it is can be pretty slow believe me.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Peter Wang -

Thanks a looooooot, Mary and John. As for the speed, it DOES seem to be slower than other 2.0.x themes in firefox. I will move the logo image from the hosting server to my local server to see the difference.

To close the eye of  "login block" in editing  didn't seem to work. Adding codes as Mary suggested works well.

Thanks again!