import test questions produces a blank page

import test questions produces a blank page

by Bonnie Anderson -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 2.0, macbook pro, Firefox

I'm trying to import questions into the Quiz section.  Categories have been created. In the class Settings block, I choose Question Bank and then Import.  All I get is a totally blank page.
I have a lot of questions that I would like to import.  I'd appreciate any help I can get for this.  Perhaps there is a direct URL that I could use to get to the import page or some other work around.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bonnie Anderson

Re: import test questions produces a blank page

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think I am going to write an automated script so that any time someone posts to these forums saying "blank page" it will reply saying

Turn on Debugging to get an error message.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Bonnie Anderson -

Thank you, Tim.

That was a very helpful suggestion.  I had not explored the Developer section before.

When I repeat the process of trying to import, I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_course_media_files() (previously declared in /var/www/question/format/qti2/qt_common.php:18) in /var/www/question/format/qti_two/qt_common.php on line 33

Can you interpret it for me?

When I clicked Home,  I got this error  message:

parent does not exist!

• line 875 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 22 of /admin/settings/misc.php: call to admin_category->add()
  • line 5706 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 2729 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to admin_get_root()
  • line 2637 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to settings_navigation->load_administration_settings()
  • line 583 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to settings_navigation->initialise()
  • line 599 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_settingsnav()
  • line 132 of /blocks/settings/block_settings.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 280 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_settings->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 895 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 947 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 342 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 6 of /theme/nimble/layout/frontpage.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 650 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 608 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1245 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 89 of /index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()

Does this message affect the blank page problem?

Thanks,

Bonnie

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Well if you decide seriously to work on an "automatic forum bot", don't forget to do it in a generic way : I have some ideas of automatic replies I would like to use with my students big grin