What kind of timetables are in use

What kind of timetables are in use

by Audun Hauge -
Number of replies: 4
I've only ever experienced a standard weekly timetable, but it seems that people use all kinds of different schedules. Timetables that span two weeks ... etc.
Do any of you use any wild and weird timetables ?
I'm thinking of timetables that don't repeat weekly, but have a consistent cycle, any other kind will be too hard to fit into my code.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Audun Hauge

Re: What kind of timetables are in use

by Amy Bellinger -
Could you use the topics format and label the topics by whatever time increment you want?
In reply to Audun Hauge

by N Hansen -
Are you working on code that will allow people to change the weekly course format to other time periods? I've taught online using two week units and that worked really well. I could imagine people might even teach an intensive course with a different topic every day. I don't know if they would do it online though.
In reply to N Hansen

by Audun Hauge -
Basicly a timetable for schools that use moodle in addition to face-to-face lessons. Teachers can view the timetable for a student, the student gets her own timetable as a sideblock (with upcoming tests marked in red). The lessons are clickable and take you to the coursepage for that lesson. This is of course rather useless for courses that are given online only.
The code can easily handle a timetable that repeats every 1,2,3 .. weeks, but what about a 3 day repeat?
I'm just curious, are there any such (oddball) timetables in use ?

Timeplan

MoTuWeThFr
13KRO 2ITB 3FY5 3NOR 3MAX
3flervalg 3NOR 3MAX 3FY5  
4flervalg 3FY5
6flervalg 3NOR 3MAX 3FY5 3REL
73NHI 3REL   3NHI
In reply to Audun Hauge

We could use aTimetable as ECHO of the activities

by Ger Tielemans -

We combine Moodle with live meetings in our secondary schools.

• In our situation students choose to work on which activity at which day at which hour and for how long.
  • Sometimes lectures and exercises are sheduled.
  • They can make a reservation for a chair in the testroom on certain days for self choosen exams.
  • We want to move to a situation where students can take more initiative:
    • "For some activities we as students need a room and certain resources (reservation system?).."
    • "We as group of five want to do a chemical experiment on TU 9.00AM, can we make a reservation an have an assistent?"
  • Every student creates/plans his own timetable. Would be handy to see it reflected in an overview screen and for reflection purposes by the student himself, ..also afterwards.
  • Also handy to plan groupactivities when you can see when others are free or already planning such a thing: make an overview of me and Charlie and Arlene...  (Webcalendar had "transparant" overlays that could help to create for this) 

Well, Odd enough?