Students to mark other submissions

Students to mark other submissions

by Gary Newport -
Number of replies: 5

I would like to set up a quiz with essay questions where students would be allowed to mark another student's answers.

Is this possible for a quiz instance (rather than course-wide)?

Can this be limited by time (so, they cannot do so until the quiz is closed)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Newport

Re: Students to mark other submissions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The Workshop module is designed for peer-assessment.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Gary Newport -

Thanks Tim but the workshop is for inline text and submissions. I would like the students to answer essay questions and then mark the answers of others.

In reply to Gary Newport

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

But surely an "essay question" can be submitted to a workshop as an online text item and then students can do just what you want?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gary Newport -

This is not a bad idea. However, it would have been nice to have been able to use the Question Bank since I have placed all our key questions within this area.

In reply to Gary Newport

by Lev Abramov -

You might try creating a forum as a tool, allowing students to attach their assignment files and allowing them to post comments to the forum if this can contribute to the peer correction process and outcomes. Make sure to select the settings that will allow all this - the ability for students to start a new thread (one each), to attach a file, and to be able to download and reupload (hmmm... this might be tricky unless they rename the file, e.g., [original_filename]_marked_by_XYZ.doc).

HTH