Multi-level, collapsible TOC and other effects in book-like format

Multi-level, collapsible TOC and other effects in book-like format

by Itamar Tzadok -
Number of replies: 3

This is a sort of headsup to a work in progress which should, if successful, offer a way to create a multi-page book-like resource with multi-level hierarchy, treeview (collapsible) TOC with rich content labels, auto-numbering and other effects. The following are a few sneak peek illustrations.

For book editing purposes it may be convenient to show and edit a few pages at a time.  The pages may be rendered aligned, or indented

or in a collapsible treeview

As can be seen in the illustrations above nested headings and numbering can be added to format page titles. The headings and numbering are optional per view instance and are generated by the view if enabled.

For book browsing/reading, the number of pages per page can be set to 1 and a TOC can be added. The following illustration demonstrates rich content TOC label by adding to each toc label an image of  the page author.

There are still some issues to sort out but in the meantime any thoughts, suggestions or requests are welcome. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: Multi-level, collapsible TOC and other effects in book-like format

by John Andrewartha -

This looks interesting, I have it on my radar.  A question, will we be able to import from html, OOo?   Export to IMS or SCORM  etc?   Either in the initial pakage or at a latter date?

John

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Itamar Tzadok -

Importing html shouldn't be a problem. Rich content html may require some more work if, say, base64 images need to be converted to files and strored in the file system so as not the exhaust the DB. I suppose export to IMS or SCORM is basically the other direction, in which case shouldn't be too difficult to do. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Itamar

One year down the road, how's the project?

Frankie Kam

Average of ratings: Useful (1)