Small feature request for book

Small feature request for book

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 4
Right now, it is possible to implement automatic chapter numbering. But it would be nice if it were possible to add some sort of preface or introduction before the chapter numbering started.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Small feature request for book

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have never seen a page number on any www site. I imagine it could be useful CSS feature for printing of HTML pages, but IMHO it is not in any standard = there is no way to implement it sad

If you want page numbers use pdf format.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by N Hansen -
I guess I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was "chapter numbering" (since each chapter appears on a web page). Choosing "numbering" as the "chapter numbering" setting doesn't allow for adding a preface "chapter" before the numbering starts. I've got a book I am creating that is tied to a actual real life textbook, but I want to write my own introduction to it.
In reply to N Hansen

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can disable chapter numbering and type chapter numbers manually wink
In reply to Petr Skoda

by N Hansen -
That is true, I thought of that. But there was some reason that wasn't entirely satisfactory. Problem is, I can't recall why it was unsatisfactory. If I do remember, I'll let you know.thoughtful