minimum number of questions does not work

minimum number of questions does not work

Laura H -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone,

I am using Moodle 2.0. I have a problem with my lesson questions. I have created 20 questions, of which the students need to answer 10. These 10 questions must be displayed randomly, so that not every student answers the same set of questions.

To display the questions at random is not a problem. But some students had to answer only 8 or 9 questions.

These are my current settings:

screenshot

Can someone help? How do I configure that every student answers 10 questions?

Thanks!

Ngā whakawākanga toharite: -
In reply to Laura H

Re: minimum number of questions does not work

Chris Collman -
Pikitia o Documentation writers

Hi Laura,

You can not make sure they answered 10 questions in either a Lesson nor even in a Quiz. 

It really has to do with scoring (see Lesson settings).   In your example, if the student answers 8 questions and leaves the lesson, the maximum score they could receive is 8/10.   If the student answered 15 questions, the maximum score would be 10.  (Actually, I am not sure what happens if the students answers 15 questions and answers 9 of the correctly.  Just that the max score will not be higher than 10.)

You can tell them the scoring system at the start of the Lesson and let them make their choices.   This point is made in Moodle Docs under the min question settings.

Chris

Ngā whakawākanga toharite: -