Language Editing (EN-UTF8) for MetaCourses

Language Editing (EN-UTF8) for MetaCourses

by Brendan Strong -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I'm using metacourses and child courses for a series of related courses (e.g. 4-6 meta courses within a child course, all pertaining to the same broad subject area. The idea is the learner enrolls for the "Broad" subject area, and is automatically enrolled in the metacourses).

I was wondering whether there was a code or format I could use that would print the name of a child course? I would like to update the error message received where a learner tries to log into a metacourse, so that they are told they have to enroll in "[Course Title]" (rather than telling them the course is not publicly available). I don't forsee it being used often - but enough that it would concern me!

To clarify - I know where the language editing is, and how to get to the error message in question in Moodle.php. What I'd like to do is use a string (if it's possible) that will print the name of the child course (or even category) so that I can say "You need to enroll in the XXXXXX course first. Once you enroll in that course, you will be enrolled in this course also." (or something similar)

I do hope someone can help

Kind Regards

b

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brendan Strong

Re: Language Editing (EN-UTF8) for MetaCourses

by Fred Frazelle -

Brendan...

i'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get this fixed?  It would be great if we could just have the child courses listed (visible) so the students could enroll and then when enrolled, when they click on their child course's name, it would open the metacourse with the activities.

Have a great evening!  smile

In reply to Brendan Strong

Re: Language Editing (EN-UTF8) for MetaCourses

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please report it as a feature request in the tracker. The tricky part I can see is that there can be multiple enrolment methods enabled in the course. So instead of displaying the suggested message instead of the current one, it should rather be displayed above the current one as an extra information.