Mandarin - Free Moodle 2.1 Theme

Mandarin - Free Moodle 2.1 Theme

by Xiaoying Riley -
Number of replies: 16

This is my first free Moodle theme. It is designed for Moodle 2.1.1 and  it is compatible with all modern browsers.

I've added the theme to the Moodle's Plugin directory for you to download. The theme is also available for downloading on my website here.

Features:

• YUI dropdown menu
  • Two column page layout
  • Compatible with all modern browsers
screenshot
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xiaoying Riley

Re: Mandarin - Free Moodle 2.1 Theme

by Xiaoying Riley -

Hi Mary,

I've added the above theme to the themes category under the Moodle's plugin directory, but it is not showing up. I hope I uploaded the zip file to the right place...?

Many thanks

Xiaoying

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Xiaoling,

I think its still taking some time for plugins to get authorised on the new plugin database as I don't think Mary gets notice that they're there and that as yet the authorisation is being done at moodle HQ and not by Mary or any of the other forum moderators (for the other plugin types)

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Xiaoying Riley -

Hi Richard, 

Thank you for this. I guess I need to be patient. smile

Xiaoying

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If you added the theme to the NEW PLUGINS DATABASE then it is up to Martin to approve it. Moodle seems to be getting much stricker with the way themes and plugins are approved.

Are you sure you have uploaded it to the New Plugins Database? I ask because I see "Mandarin" listed as needing approval in the OLD Moodle Themes repository.

If you added it there then you need to delete it and add it in the NEW PLUGINS DATABASE under THEMES instead.

Here is the link...

http://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=category&id=3

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Xiaoying Riley -

Hi Mary, 

Thank you for pointing this out. I did add the theme under the OLD Moodle Theme repository first, but then I realized that the NEW PLUGINS DATABASE is the right place for the theme so I added the theme there as well...

Now I've deleted the theme from the OLD repository as advised. I will wait for Moodle's approval. smile

Many thanks

Xiaoying

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

That's good...thanks.

I've left a message in the facilitator's forum to alert Martin that there is a Theme awaiting approval.

I do aplologise for the long wait. I had the same thing happen to me. Makes you want to not bother!

Anyway...at least you have added a link to the download here.

Cheeers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Xiaoying Riley -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your help ! smile

Xiaoying

by Mary Evans -

Hi Xiaoying,

Just to let you know that Manderine is now approved.

Thank you for adding this new Moodle 2 theme to the new Plugins DB

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Xiaoying Riley -

Hi Mary, 

Great! Thank you for letting me know. wink

Xiaoying

by Franck PETIT -
Great theme but if the theme appears in the theme selector it doesn't in the list of themes displayed in the admin navigation for theme settings. There is also a display problem on the login page (forced login home page) Cheers, Franck
In reply to Franck PETIT

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Franck,

On the main Theme Settings page, the list of themes made available (the top box) is one created by the administrator manually - to have all themes available it is left empty.

On the other hand, if you are refering to the list of themes in the Appearance section of the Settings>Site Administration block, then this is a list of themes which have their own settings page and Mandarin will only appear there if it has a settings page of its own.

Richard

In reply to Franck PETIT

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

The reason it is not shown in the list of themes associated with custom theme settings, is becasue mandarin does NOT have any Custom Settings.

Can you expand on the problem with forced login? If that is your prefered method for people to view your site then we need to know what exactly is the problem. If you cannot describe it, please add a screenshot. Thanks

Mary

by cesar teixeira -

Hi i'm having a problem with this theme. I think it's really a great theme, but i have an issue with some areas.

1 - As you can see in the picture the table with the participant is overlaped by the modules. I need do reduce the with of that table but i can't find howto.

2 - In the head of the table all the text should be white, were can i configure it?

Hope someone have allready have this problem and can help me?

Best regards.

César TeixeiraImage with problems

In reply to cesar teixeira

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

If you scroll to the end of the list of your 10 students you will find another scroll bar, which scrolls the table, rather than the page, thus enabeling you to see the rest of the data.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by cesar teixeira -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for you answer. There is no horizontal scrollbar, and i have this problem on other pagesdo you have an idea about how to solve it? As you can see i can't check the boxes to send messages for several trainees.

And what about the problem with the color of the text in the table header?

Best regards.

César Teixeira