Authentication

Picture of anh pham
RADIUS plugin problem

I get the problem with RADIUS plugin, when I enable it and try to login with a username/password in Domain controller. It gives me an error

"PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mhash() in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/pear/Crypt/CHAP.php on line 447"

Line 447:

"return substr(mhash(MHASH_SHA1, $this->peerChallenge . $this->authChallenge . $this->username), 0, 8);"

I have hash enable in PHP module. I'm using CentOS.

Any help is appreciate.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Iñaki Arenaza
Re: RADIUS plugin problem
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
You need to either compile PHP with the mhash option enabled (note that this is different from hash option/module) or compile mhash extension as a module (and then make sure you load the module).

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Picture of anh pham

Thanks so much!

We install php by 'yum'. Could you please show me where to get 'mhash extension'?

Picture of Iñaki Arenaza
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
It should be available in the usual CentOS repositories (but I don't use CentOS, so I'm not sure if it's there or not).

If you don't find it there, as a last resort you can edit lib/pear/Crypt/CHAP.php and change all the instances of 'mhash' to 'hash'

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Picture of Justin Filip
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

I know this was an old discussion but I've just submitted a patch to update the PEAR library that the RADIUS auth plug-in uses to address this problem.

MDL-37625

Average of ratings:Useful (1)