Software and Hardware Requirements for E-Learning

Software and Hardware Requirements for E-Learning

by Lee Sta. Maria -
Number of replies: 14

can i ask for help about software and hardware requeirements for e-learning? i just need some feedbacks and helpful information about it. coz' i'm having this project in e-learning and i don't know what specifications neede for it. thanks. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Sta. Maria

Re: Software and Hardware Requirements for E-Learning

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

'E-Learning' covers such a wide spectrum of activities that I'm not sure anyone could give you a software/hardware requirements list.

It can range from simply having access to a web-browser in order to use published web-content, though to requiring a server setup with MySQL, Apache and PHP to run a system like Moodle or other full content management system.

So any answer to your query first of all needs to know whether you are (for your project) using e-learning materials, or whether you are the content provider. But even then, as a content provider, I have succesfully run many Primary School 'e-learning' activities with no more than a Word/Publisher template or an image file as a starting point - often direct from the hard disk and not even using network access.

If you can give some more indication of the kind of e-learning you are thinking of and whether its from a user or content provider view, then I'm sure that there are plenty of ideas floating around out here smile

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Lee Sta. Maria -

uhh sir, what i really need is the common specifications about the software and harware requirements for me to be able to create a e-learning website that provides most common functions like e-assignments, online lecture and online exams. i hope i can rely on your expertise. smile

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Well, the hardware and software requirements for Moodle can be found here. That is porbably your best starting point.

Richard

Average of ratings: Cool (1)

by Lee Sta. Maria -

thanks sir! the link helped me. smile
i hope i can assure some of your expertise in moodle. :D

by kristen villanueva -

Gud day sir, I would like to ask the system requirements of an e-learning like moodle. but i am doing my own version of course management system. hoping for your response soon, thank u

by Paul Ganderton -

Hi,

I've just completed a checklist for moodle implementation at the request of a colleague. Sadly, I've just noticed the file size is too small to upload (come on Moodle - 50kb!, my shopping list is bigger in Word!!). If you can post an email address I can send it.

In reply to Paul Ganderton

by Alfredo Calderon -
Hello Paul. Could you send me a copy of your checklist? Alfredo Caldrron Calderon.alfredo@gmail.com

by Lee Sta. Maria -

here sir..

leestamaria@gmail.com

thanks for the info. smile

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi  Paul,

Seems a lot of people are interested in your list - including me. Maybe you could put it on another site and put the link here. thoughtful

Cheers,

Glenys

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Use a less bloaty format or post it on the web.  smile

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Paul Ganderton -

Suitably chastised!!

I'm in the middle of creating a new blog and moving my old site information to it. Once I have this sorted, I'll post the link (actually, it'll give me an excuse to trial out a few things).

Please be patient. Thanks.