Problem in answers with HTML in course of web programming

Problem in answers with HTML in course of web programming

by Javier NM -
Number of replies: 1

Goog afternoon,

I teach courses about web programming (HTML, PHP, Javascript...), and I want to make some questions with automatic feedback for my students. For this, I use the module feedback, but there is a little issue when a student send an answer that include HTML source, with labels like <head>, <div>, <br>, </div>...

When a student send the form, I think the module try to process that HTML source, and the result is that the HTML labels dissappear, and sometimes the answers are truncated and I lose them.

Is there any change I could make in order to the answers I receive be literally the same that my students sent?

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Javier NM

Re: Problem in answers with HTML in course of web programming

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I have never tried this, but have you considered the possibility that you put a HTML block on the page and you give editing rights to your Students in that block? I know you can override permissions to give Students editing rights in that block, or make them teachers in the context of that block. The only thing I have no idea of is can you stop students from editing someone else's work? There should be a way it can be done and it may include the creation of a new role, exclusively for that block. Don't know if you would be able to set the plain text editor as the default in that area, either. Hope this sets you in the right direction if nothing else..