Using Groupings for SCORM Activities

Using Groupings for SCORM Activities

by Manish S -
Number of replies: 11

Helo I am using groups and groupings to assign different activities to different students in my course.

This works fine for other activities, but I am not able to do so with a SCORM activity. While setting a SCORM activity, I don't get the option to define group settings.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Manish

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manish S

Re: Using Groupings for SCORM Activities

by Russell Coombe -

It works fine but how you do it depends on which Moodle version you're using...

Mack

In reply to Russell Coombe

by Manish S -

I am using Moodle 2.0.1.

Can you please guide me how to make it work?

In my course settings, I have the Group mode set as "Visible Groups".

I have also created groups and groupings.

My course is set in "Topic Format".

Suppose I go to topic one, and add an activity "such as a wiki", I can select a grouping under the Common Module Settings".

However, when I add an activity, such as a SCORM Activity, under the Common Module Settings, the option to select group mode an groupings is not available.

Please help me with this and guide me how to do so correctly.

In reply to Manish S

by Manish S -

I am sorry, my moodle version is 2.1.1

In reply to Manish S

by Russell Coombe -

Hi Manish,

I think I might be slightly confused as to what your trying to achieve.    Groups can be used in SCORM, under the course admin to basically organise the users in a course to stop them seeing each other. But as the data in a running SCO is unique to the indivudal - this isn't going to work the same way as a WIKI or Forum.

Mack

by Manish S -

Hello, This is what I am trying to achieve.

I have two SCORM packages.

I want to add one SCORM package as an activity in Topic 1 and another SCORM Package as activity in Topic 2.

Now, I want one set of users to be able to view the first SCORM package and another set of users to be able to view the second SCORM package.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Manish

In reply to Manish S

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you have in Settings>Site administration>development>experimental >experimental settings

Enable group members onlyenablegroupmembersonly
set to yes? Do you have your course set to groups and have you made groupings of groups that you can select?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Manish S

by Russell Coombe -

Ah, understand now - but Mary got there first smile

It's an experiemental option: http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Available_for_group_members_only

Enable the setting as describe above.  Then in your SCORM activity > common module settings > show advanced.

Tick the option Available for group members only and then select the grouping that you would like to have access to that activity.

Mack

by Manish S -

Thank you so muc. i followed the steps and it works perfectly now.

I had one more small related query.

Now when a user logs in, he will see one SCORM activity, and the other one is hidden from him. Is there any way I can display a message for the non-group members saying that they can subscribe to get access to the other SCORM activity. They key here is that this message should be visible only to those people who cannot see the SCORM activity.

Thanks for help,

Manish

In reply to Manish S

by Russell Coombe -

Would this not just be a case of setting up a different grouping criteria?  IE stick all no subscribers in a grouping and show them a Label?

Mack

by Manish S -

I think that should work. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Manish

In reply to Manish S

by Reshma Kamble -

Hi all,

I have to do the same setting for scorm activities, one couse visible to one group and other to another group.

But experimental setting is not avaible in moodle version 2.9. will you please guide me how to do this in version 2.9?