Non Respondent shows all site users instead of course user

Re: Non Respondent shows all site users instead of course user

by Richard Price -
Number of replies: 0

I also had this problem but on 2.2.4 (upgraded from 1.9.9).
Used to be able to Send reminders to those who were enrolled, and from whom you expected Feedback and select them based on whether they had completed it or not.

Currently using for Students to Vote for three Charities which are then set for the year for the school to support. Last year, I ran this using Feedback, on Moodle 1.1.9 and was able to use the non-respondent section to message those who had not voted, or submitted feedback when otherwise used for whole school data gathering.

It seems that the Feeback module just picked up everyone on the site within the non-respondent section. I have 1180 Students now enrolled by a Cohort that I do want to be the respondents, the feedback module was created in 1.9.9.

Seems that (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-29443) by going into moodle/admin/roles/define.php Selecting Authenticated User, editing that role. If you remove the allow for: Complete a feedback.
Activity: Feedback, Complete a feedback.
- Unticking the Complete a feedback solves this issue.

This might be a role hangover from Something to do with 1.9 or something, but is rather strange behaviour for an upgraded site. What other permission based errors might I find somewhere lurking!