BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

Re: BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

by Fred Dixon -
Number of replies: 4

Hi A B,

> I am trying to install a duplicate copy of BigBlueButtonBN activity. 

We've not tried to do that with BigBlueButtonBN, it's not something that we are planning to add.  For most people, a single BigBlueButton server will suffice. 

My focus is to ensure both the BigBlueButtonBN integration and the BigBlueButton server itself work really, really well.

Right now we're pretty focused on finishing BigBlueButton 0.9.0-beta and getting it to a release candidate.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

In reply to Fred Dixon

Re: BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

by Johnny Zephyr -

Hi

This is a great module. I'm having one issue though. i'm having trouble restricting the participants to a classroom. I'm selecting certain participants when setting up the classroom but other users are still able to join the meeting. i want to select a couple of users enrolled on the course and allow them access to that meeting only. at the moment everyone enrolled on the course has access even though i've removed 'all participants' from the list.

Thanks.

In reply to Johnny Zephyr

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Johny,

I see what you mean. 

In previous versions there were no options, Teachers, Non editing teachers and administrators were the only ones granted with the role of moderators and everybody else with the role of student. This was a big problem for those using custom roles in Moodle.

Originally the Participant list feature was meant to be only for matching the BBB roles to the Moodle roles, so everybody with access to the course would have access to the session (as it used to be before). This is why is a participant list and not a permissions list or something else.

But now that most people who started using it is actually using it for permissions we may need to change the approach. Thanks for pointing it up.

JF

In reply to Johnny Zephyr

by Just H -

Can't you apply normal access restrictions to it e.g. add the selected participants to a group and deny access to all but that group?

In reply to Just H

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Yes, Johnny could/should certainly do that.

And in my opinion, BBB's plugin should NOT take care of that (restricting access), because it can be handled by Moodle core features!

Séverin