How to set Quiz to not show up until the lesson is competed?

How to set Quiz to not show up until the lesson is competed?

Jason C - මගින්
Number of replies: 7

I have just began setting up moodle.  I have a quiz that should not show up until users have completed all the lessons that are for the course.  How do I set the quiz to not show up until the user has completed the lessons in the course?

Thank You,

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -
In reply to Jason C

Re: How to set Quiz to not show up until the lesson is competed?

Mary Cooch - මගින්
Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය Moodle HQ ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය Translators ගේ පින්තුරය

Which version of Moodle are you using?

In reply to Jason C

Chris Collman - මගින්
Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය

Hi Jason,

This is done from the  at the bottom of most activity settings screens and is called "Restrict access".     Look at the different settings, for example course total or you can select the score on a preceeding activity.  Reguardless of the activity that you want to limit access to, the process is similar to the quiz method I outlined below.

There are at least 2 ways to do this. 

You can do it as you propose from a  quiz. Go to settings block > quiz administration > edit settings > and then scroll to the end and set the access. 

The other way is to link each lesson to the preceeding one.  Thus chain them together which forces the student to do them in some sort of order.

Hope this helps  Chris

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Collman

Jason C - මගින්

That is exactly what I have been trying to figure out.  Thank You Chris!  සිනහව

In reply to Jason C

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය Translators ගේ පින්තුරය

@Jason,

You never answered Mary's question: which version of Moodle are you using? This is important, since the "conditional activities" feature has been much improved in Moodle 2.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Jason C - මගින්

Sorry for the delay.  I wrote the question while volunteering during a lull so I wasn't as focused as I should have been.  I am back in the office today.

"Conditional Activities" Looks like an even better solution.  I don't see this available for the Quiz module though. . . Am I looking in the wrong spot?

I had to go into the admin menu to enable Conditional Activities.  It's a great feature!  I will be using this. 

Thank You,