Hiding resources without hiding from Authenticated Users

Hiding resources without hiding from Authenticated Users

by Cameron Kiely -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, 

I would like to the Resources on the Front page (after log in and before) and under navigation to be hidden from anyone who has not logged in to the site. I have tried to "hide" the resouces, but this allows them to not show up when Authenciated Users and Students log in. And I need my Authenticated Users to be able to access these folders.

Is there a way to totally hide the resources before log in but still let Authenticated Users have access to them once they have logged in? The resouces do not necessarily need to show up in the center, just the side.

I have not found a way to change this correctly under Users > Permissions > Define Roles. Could there possibly be a way to do so here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cameron Kiely

Re: Hiding resources without hiding from Authenticated Users

by Ann Adamcik -

You have a few options:

1. If you don't want anyone to see anything before logging in, go to Security->Site policies and check "Force users to login".

2. If you want to prevent all non-logged-in users from seeing all instances of a particular type of resource (e.g. files), go to Users->Permissions->Define roles, edit the Guest role, and remove the view capability for that resource type.

3. If you want to prevent guests from seeing certain resources, but allow them to see others, you can modify the permissions on individual resources.