Is it possible to Freeze a Student Name in Gradebook?

Is it possible to Freeze a Student Name in Gradebook?

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm trying to fix a CSS problem in a theme which is made doubly hard to fix, because my problem is I cannot, or more to the point, do not know how to replicate the initial problem, which occurs when a student name is frozen. Is this 'Freeze a Student' action something which you can do easily in grade-book? Or do I need a degree in Cryogenics? LOL

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Is it possible to Freeze a Student Name in Gradebook?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I hope people did not think this a JOKE, because it isn't. But I am wondering if the word 'FREEZE' is the wrong word. I see in the gradebook you can 'LOCK' a student, so I presume this may have the same effect...yes?

Any sort of dialog would be welcome.

Many thanks in antisipation.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Is it possible to Freeze a Student Name in Gradebook?

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Mary,

Do you mean keeping the student names static on the left hand side, so that they don't disappear off the screen when you scroll to the right?

If so, go Site Admin -> Grades -> Report Settings -> Grader Report -> Static Student Columns (should be ticked)

That's in moo 2.1, but I think similar in 1.9.x

Regards,
Michael