Food Taboo

Food Taboo

by William Blue -
Number of replies: 0

Growing up as a kid, my parents always encouraged me to try new things and be open minded to different views and opinions. This rule also applied itself to eating habits. I don't think my parents really tabooed any specific plates or dishes although they didn't encourage my brothers and I to eat too much candy or binge in junk food like McDonalds or Burger King. I have to say that the only ''junk food'' that was alost completely tabooed around my house was KFC, which is pretty reasonable because that stuff is plain out disgusting. The chickens they use for their meals are probably the least healthy animals out there. They aren't treated with love and care, they are simply ''raised'' for mass production in some of the worst possible conditions. Often they live in small confined areas doing nothing else but eating all day and growing so fat their legs can't even support their abnormally massive bodies. And this isn't only the case for KFC chickens, most of the meats you find in popular supermarkets and big ''junk food'' chains are born and raised until death in the poorest and most pathetic conditions ever. But of course, it's sometimes hard to avoid these unhealthy meats because of accessibility and whatnot, but as long as it's in moderation I guess it's ok. This said, it still makes me sick to my stomach to think that we ingest in such foods, because as the great saying goes, ''we are what we eat''.  

Average of ratings: -